Senior Plan Consultant
Location Note: This position can be done remotely/Work From Home
The Purpose of Your Role:
Do you want to work for a friendly, growing organization where people truly make a difference? How about a role that offers a fun, collaborative work environment and provides opportunity to work directly with clients?
We are seeking a knowledgeable, team-oriented Senior Plan Consultant for our Retirement Plan Consulting Team. This position is customer service focused! You’ll be the day-to-day contact for your dedicated clients and responsible for the administration of retirement plans; communicating with clients; preparation of Form 5500 and conducting compliance testing.
What you'll bring to Sentinel:
- You need to be the kind of switched-on self-starter who can handle a broad variety of tasks efficiently, accurately and positively.
- A “people person” who truly enjoys interacting with customers.
- Our industry is forever changing and we are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to embrace change.
- You have a customer-centric attitude and commitment to doing what is right for our clients and their participants.
- You are a team player and continuous learner. You share your knowledge with your team, embrace new learning opportunities, and search for ways to improve our operations.
- You demonstrate organizational skills, the ability to manage priorities, deadlines, and troubleshoot issues independently.
- Your detail-oriented approach leads to quality processing results for our clients and your communication skills allow you to communicate effectively with clients and internal team members.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships across many different industries with varying levels of financial experience.
- Answering a wide variety of client questions related to retirement plan administration, recordkeeping and participant inquiries on a daily basis.
- Performing yearly compliance testing and annual valuations for qualified retirement plans to ensure that IRS guidelines are met.
- Collaborating both internally and externally to facilitate the responsible handling of plan assets.
- Review and interpret retirement plan documents, amendments, notices and summary plan descriptions.
What you need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience working in defined contribution plan administration or a related industry.
- Ability to read and interpret retirement plan documents and have an understanding of the related rules and regulations, specifically ERISA.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including the use of formulas and overall ability to learn and use different software packages.
- ASPPA Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) or higher credential preferred.
- Experience with Relius Administration strongly preferred.
What you’ll be part of:
Our people care about our organization. We are a company with a mission to be the best in our industry and best within our company. Being part of this company means that you are part of something special.
Sentinel was recently recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work in 2020. In 2021 & 2022, Sentinel earned a Top Workplace USA Awards from Energage.
At Sentinel, we hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see. Our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.
Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Some of our Benefits:
- PTO (vacation, sick, personal time bank)
- 12 Paid Holidays (10 stated and 2 floating holiday)
- 2 Community Volunteer Days
- 5 Summer Half Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- LTD & STD
- Parental Leave
See What We Stand For: https://www.sentinelgroup.com/About-Us/Join-Our-Team
Who we are:
Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group proudly serves more than 3,800 clients throughout the U.S., and for over 35 years, we’ve remained devoted to making a difference in the lives of our people, our clients and our community. With nearly 240 professionals tied to our mission to deliver great service—and a 9-year average associate tenure—we have become the only provider who makes benefits EASY: easy for your people; easy for your business; and easy for you.
Our ultimate goal is to take a holistic approach to help people prepare for their future health + wealth needs. From retirement plans to group health insurance to reimbursement accounts to financial planning, we engineer solutions and then continuously strive to make them better. Our in-house experts—and their commitment to excellence—define who we are. In 2021 and 2022, Sentinel earned a Top Workplace USA Award from Energage and was recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work in 2020. Sentinel is also one of the largest employee benefits firms in Massachusetts (Boston Business Journal) and was named a 2022 Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year in the Mentorship category (PLANADVISER Magazine).